Your Vancouver WA Chiropractor Wants You to See the Correct Specialist for Your Pain

Throughout your journey with pain, you may end up seeing a variety of different doctors. Your first stop will typically be your primary care specialist, who will likely be a medical doctor, chiropractor, or doctor of osteopathic medicine. They will help guide you through your initial treatment options, but if pain persists, they may refer you to a specialist.

The title of the person you will see for your pain will depend on the pain itself. A few options are:

  • A surgeon
  • Physiatrist (MD or DO)
  • Anesthesiologist (MD or DO)
  • Rheumatologist (MD or DO
  • A neurologist (MD or DO)

It important to be aware of the fact that within each specialty, the health practitioners you see may or may not specialize in spinal disorders. They may in fact be more experienced in joint disorders, neurological conditions, stroke rehabilitation, or etc. Often it will be recommended that you see someone who specialized in spinal medicine, and also that they are board certified. Doing your research and reading reviews can assist you in finding the specialist who would be best suited to handle your case. To read more about finding a specialist who can fully meet your needs, click here.


Click here to contact A Family and Sports Chiropractic Clinic today, they are a Vancouver WA chiropractor who is happy to help you achieve the most pain free life possible.